Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Layne Staley



- I was in a band when I was 15. We were a glam band. Then I couldn't afford to buy makeup. At the time that was the thing.
- I've always looked for the perfect life to step into. I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted.But no matter where I go, I still come home me.
- Our perception of songs that we've written... the meaning changes from day to day... to whatever stage we're at in our life and careers.
- There's no huge, deep message in any of the songs. We recorded a few months of being human.
- We write about ourselves because we know about ourselves.
- Whatever dramas are going on in my life, I always find that place inside my head where I see myself as the cleanest, tallest, strongest, wisest person that I can be.
- When everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself.
- Drugs are not the way to the light. They won't lead to a fairy-tale life, they lead to suffering.
- I guess I can go anywhere I want. If only I knew where to go.